Is it time to finally transform your smile, but you’re not sure what the differences are between Invisalign® and clear braces? If so, this is the perfect blog for you! Both are successful and reliable appliances that can give you the smile you have always wanted, but there are some differences that you should consider before you make your final decision, and those differences are:
• This treatment consists of a series of clear, plastic aligners that cover your teeth like a rubber mouth guard would.
• The aligners are removable, which makes it possible to eat and drink whatever you would like and brush and floss normally.
• Invisalign is virtually invisible.
• This treatment is only available to those with non-serious alignment problems.
• Clear Braces are a tooth-colored appliance that is glued to the front surfaces of your teeth.
• As you go through treatment, you will need to come into our office regularly to get your appliance tightened and adjusted.
• The appliance will blend into your teeth, which will give you a natural look as you transform your smile.
• This treatment is available to those with both serious alignment problems as well as non-serious alignment problems.
• When you have clear braces, you will need to be cautious of the foods and drinks you consume, especially those that can break or stain the appliance.
• The processes of brushing and flossing your teeth will be a little different compared to your traditional brushing and flossing techniques. Once you get your braces, your orthodontist will explain what you need to do and will give you the guidelines you need to be successful.
If you would like to learn more about these orthodontic treatments, we invite you to call our office and schedule an appointment with our friendly orthodontist! We look forward to meeting with you and helping you find the best treatment for your smile.