Here at Derby Family Dentistry, we understand learning to adjust to a lifestyle of braces can be tricky. That is why our friendly staff wants to provide you with information on caring for your braces, so you can have a successful treatment. By remembering these tips and tricks, you can keep the time you need to wear braces to a minimum. Here are some of the various techniques to caring for braces:
– Oral Hygiene: To keep your braces clean, you should still brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily to prevent harmful food particles from becoming trapped between wedges in your braces and teeth.
– Appointments: Visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and appointments.
– Cleaning: Always clean your retainer weekly.
– Safety Equipment: To protect your teeth and braces, wear safety equipment to suit your environment. This includes mouth guards, helmets, face protectors, etc.
– Food: Avoid various foods and snacks that can easily get stuck between your teeth and braces.
Derby Family Dentistry wants your orthodontics treatments to serve you as best they can. To schedule an exam with Drs. Frederick Stark and Brad Norden or to book an appointment for any of our wonderful services, please call us at 316-788-4000. Our office is in Derby, Kansas. We look forward to seeing you soon!