Because flossing your teeth is such an integral part of your daily oral health care routine, it is important to make sure you are using the right tools and provide safe and effective treatment for your smile. Listed below are important tips, tricks, methods, and techniques for flossing effectively:
– The best way to hold dental floss is to wrap each end around a finger on each hand, making sure there is enough slack in the thread to move up and down the strand as best as possible.
– Each piece of dental floss thread to be used should be approximately 18 inches in length.
– Make sure to brush between each tooth, including the back row.
– Stick to dental floss that is shred resistant thread, such as single filament thread, to certify it will not fail during normal use.
– Never use the same section of dental floss more than once.
– Dental floss is extremely beneficial for removing plaque debris that brushing alone cannot reach.
– Partially curve the floss around each tooth in a “c” shape to effectively reach all areas around the tooth.
– The ideal brushing session should last between 2-3 minutes.
If you are looking to restore your oral health, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Frederick Stark and Brad Norden and our team at Derby Family Dentistry. We can be reached by calling us at 316-788-4000 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Derby, Kansas. We look forward to hearing from you soon!